CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 2 January 2009

So Far I'm Liking This!

I am very pleased with my final choice of Vicki Clayton's hand dyed color called "Everlasting" and the Belfast Linen in the Light Sand...the picture does lighten the background, but the whole affect is something very antique and pleasing. Also, "Everlasting," according to the website www.hand-dyedfibers.com is variegated Quince 1411, Fish Pepper 4427 and Fagales 4465. So it's no wonder I had such a difficult decision between the Fish Pepper and Everlasting! As it turns out, I have the best of both!! Anyway, I'm diving in and very glad I've gotten started today on New Year's!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely start, great colour choice! I'm using Vikki's Examplar Raisin Wine, which is similar to the Everlasting but has Bitterbloom instead of the Quince in it. I'm going to enjoy seeing your progress.

Brenda said...

I really like your thread choice, it's looking great.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Thank you both!! You just never know what it's going to look like until you start! I'm excited!

It will be fun to see how everyone else's turns out with their color choices...I bet all of them will be beautiful!!

Annelies said...

Nicely done cousin.....have fun and know that I will be the mouse in your pocket as you stitch along. XXX Annelies

Teresa said...

Great color choices!

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely colour choice