CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 26 January 2009

First post and progress pic.


Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I started my Beatrix Potter well over a year ago and somehow it almost turned into a UFO. I was very happy when I read about this SAL because I felt it would give me some much needed motivation to finish my piece.
I've just been looking at some of the progress pictures and love what I've seen.
So many gorgeous colourways and beautiful stitching.
I've just taken a picture of my progress so far. I'm using 32ct antique white linen with one strand of Vikki Clayton Dusty Rose silk. Although the name is Dusty Rose it's more of a pale lilac. If you click on the picture you'll get a better idea of how it looks.
I've already completed two motifs this month (I did say you would all motivate me) and am aiming for a third before the end of the month.
It's not the best picture. My linen is creased because I work in hand and it has been lying around a long time but I don't want to put an iron near it until it is finished.
Hopefully now that I've posted I'll be able to keep up with the blog. Thanks for having me here.

Margaret

5 comments:

:: wee bird :: said...

pretty colours margaret!

DonnaTN said...

It is beautiful! Glad you could join us and get re-motivated.

Julie said...

Simply beautiful

Annemarie said...

The thread colour you're using is very, very pretty.

Viooltje (Violet) said...

I hope you (and all of us) will finish it this year.
Don't worry about the wrinkles, I also stitch my BP sampler in hand.
:o)