CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday 9 January 2009

New to the SAL!

Hello, my name is Pauline and I live in Newberg, Oregon, about 25 miles south of Portland! I am a single mother of 3 beautiful daughters, 20, 19 and 16. Only the youngest still lives at home! My oldest has blessed me with a handsome grandson Ricki, he is 20 months old and will soon have a sister come Feburary! Her name is Baylie! Being a Nana is such a joy, I would never have thought it would be this awesome! And even though I told my oldest and her husband I was too young to be a Nana, I am all for it now!!

I have been cross stitching for about 25 years+ and have fallen in love with quakers. I was so lucky to get this pattern when it was re-released on ebay awhile back and now this SAL is the motivation I needed to get started! I plan on stitching it on either 28 ct evenweave over 2, or 32 ct lugana over 2. I just have to wait til the first of Feburary to get my thread! I can't wait to post progress pics(hoping I can figure that out when the time comes! LOL ) I am very, very new to the "Blog" thing, so please be patient with me!

Thanks!
Pauline

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Welcome Pauline. How come you have to wait so long for your thread?? xx

scrappy jen d said...

Hello Pauline,
I am a Dutch girl, but my relatives and friends live in Orgeon!
I love Newberg!
My friend did own a winery there a time ago.
It was the Mulhausen winery and I did work there some summers.
I admire your work!
Have a wonderful day,
Jen.